Gyumri VI School
In November 1879, facilitated by negotiations led by the governor of Yerevan and under the auspices of the Caucasus Educational District, a female pro-gymnasium was established in Alexandropol. It initially enrolled 18 female students, with instruction conducted in Russian by seven teachers. Notably, from 1890 to 1900, Ghazaros Aghayan served as a teacher at this institution. By 1905-1906, the pro-gymnasium had evolved into a gymnasium with approximately 376 students. It catered to students from noble families, including those of merchants, respected citizens, and clergy. The current school building was constructed with funds contributed by Tsar Nicholas and the local community.